Our first retreat will be held in the gracious surrounds of “Umina”, a beautiful house in Toorak Melbourne.
Goldwork Embroidery Workshop Sat/Sun 25/26 May 2019. 9.00 am – 4.00pm
It will be a weekend full of stitching, with our expert, Sue Gass, who regularly teaches at the Embroiderers Guild, Victoria. Sue will show you the basics of Goldwork Embroidery.
Class size: Maximum 12 participants.
Gold work is a metal thread embroidery worked in gold threads of varying types to add depth and texture to the work. The embroidery sits on the surface of the background fabric with a waxed thread used to couch the work to the background fabric to give a 3D effect.
Participants will work a piece that they can use as a book cover, picture etc.
The piece participants will stitch is of Australian gum leaves, using various threads such as purls, couching, checks, kid etc. all requirement for the embroidery including a hoop will be provided in kit form along with extensive notes enabling students to complete the work.
Retreat cost: $495.00
This cost includes:
- 1 night’s accommodation at Umina B/B, single room. There are twin shares available too.
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner, morning and afternoon teas catered for by renowned CWA cooks.
- A kit providing everything you need to complete your embroidery. However, please bring some embroidery scissors.
Please advise if you have any food allergies.
Deposit: A deposit of $200 to secure your place and the balance by May 15th.
- Deposits are refunded less 20%, if cancellation is made by Wednesday 15th
- Up to 20th May, refunds, less 20% will only be given if we can fill your place from a waiting list.
- No refund if cancellation is during the week of the retreat.
Bookings: Please contact Reception at CWA Victoria Office Phone 0398278971