HIGH COUNTRY OPEN GARDENS AND TAGALONG TOUR
Monday November 6th, 2023, 9.00am Omeo Golf Club, for 9.30 start
ADMISSION $15 per person, for 5 gardens.
Please see map of route and location of gardens.
1: Colleen and Steve Thomas’ Garden
2 Day Avenue, Omeo
- Cottage influence showcasing sustainable and productive garden in challenging climate with limited space.
- Parking in the paddock. No Refreshments.
2: Sandi Beltrame’s Garden
Miners Cottages, 11 Miners Way, Swifts Creek
- Extensive, mainly native garden setting for attractive Miners Cottage accommodation in Swifts Creek.
- CWA scones and sandwiches. Coffee, tea. Produce stall.
3: Pauline and Alan Fox’ Garden and Studio
925 Cassilis Road, Swifts Creek
- Cottage garden in a very beautiful setting on Swifts Creek.
- Studio will be open.
- No Toilet. Parking is beside the track as indicated. Cross over the bridge to enter the garden. Tea, Coffee.
4: Rick and Deb Herbertson’s Garden and Cassilis Estate Winery
1314 Cassilis Rd, Cassilis
- Extensive and productive garden, orchard and vines. Cellar Door-wine tasting and sales.
- Refreshments – CWA sandwiches and scones, tea, coffee available for purchase. Parking onsite.
5: Dave and Esther Caukill’s Garden
1768 Cassilis Road, Cassilis
- Extensive self-sufficient, organic garden featuring large variety of vegetables, berries and orchard area.
- No toilet. Limited parking roadside, no wheelchair access, uneven ground – sturdy shoes recommended. No Refreshments.
- Tickets are $15 which is entry for 5 gardens. Tickets may be purchased at each venue. Please register your name at each garden.
- Refreshments (CWA Sandwiches and scones) are available at the Cassilis Winery and the Miners Cottages.
- There will be 2 Garden Club members and your host at each garden to answer questions and provide assistance. Please stick to the opening times as indicated.
- This is a Tagalong Tour. There will be a bus leaving Omeo Golf Club at 9:30am, visiting each garden. You may choose to follow travel separately, making your own pace. The tour will be led by Omeo Garden Club members. Please RSVP to Colleen Thomas at 0428 046 999 if you wish to travel on the bus: $5 pp. We ask that you visit only during the times indicated. Gardens will close outside these times.
- There will be a stall selling pot plants and garden produce and CWA merchandise at the Miners Cottages.
- CWA sandwiches, scones, slices and tea/coffee will be available at the Miners Cottages and the Cassilis Winery.
For more information:
Colleen Thomas (Omeo Golf Club):
email@example.com 0428 046 999
Kate Commins (CWA):
firstname.lastname@example.org 0408 144 781
Sandi Beltrame (Omeo Garden Club):
email@example.com 0412 356 241